The program is the equivalent of one full-year course. Each sponsored project commands a team of 5-7 students. Each team has a faculty advisor and access to all of the facilities and resources of the College to support the project. To ensure professionalism and accountability, the teams will:
- Hold bi-weekly design reviews;
- Have a dedicated, professionally-equipped work space;
- Function under the appropriate non-disclosure agreement to protect sensitive interests of the sponsor;
- Provide weekly progress reports to the sponsor liaison to ensure that the project is meeting the goals of the sponsor;
- Deliver on-site progress reports to the sponsor and make regular presentations to defend their designs and results before a critical audience;
- Deliver a formal mid-year and final report to the sponsor.